Fund Accounting Analyst
Salary $70000 - $95000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted June 14, 2017
A global Investment Management business are looking for a Fund Accountant that will report directly into the Global Fund and Accounting Services (“GFAS”) team that supports the investment operations for their Alternative Investment Products. This particular opening is within the Closed-End Fund Accounting team, which oversees the accounting, reporting, and administration for a range of limited life structured investment products. The team interacts with third party service providers and internal groups such as portfolio management, trading, legal and compliance, and product tax to ensure the funds’ financial activities are properly recorded.
The Global Fund and Accounting team is responsible for providing operational support to their portfolio management teams and clients. The group is comprised of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally and sits within the Closed-End NAV Oversight team supporting alternatives in the US.
- Oversee external administration, accounting, and financial reporting for assigned funds;
- Review accounting packages prepared by the external administrators for accuracy and completeness as part of the quarterly NAV close process for the funds and related investment entities;
- Ensure periodic fund NAV, investor reporting, and financial reporting deliverable deadlines are met;
- Perform reviews of periodic financial statements prepared by the external administrators to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with GAAP;
- Review valuations and performance for private investments;
- Instruct payment for on-going expenses of assigned funds;
- Review management fee and distribution/carry calculations for funds;
- Assist with capital calls and distributions to underlying fund investors;
- Provide oversight of year-end audits performed by independent accountants in conjunction with external administrators;
- Assist business and legal teams in legal document review; most notably, during new product launches;
- Research, interpret, document, and implement new accounting releases that impact the funds;
- Assist with review and approval of fund operating expenses;
- Assist with data aggregation and calculations for SEC regulatory filings required by Dodd-Frank;
- Review investor statements and other ad-hoc investor reporting;
- The ideal candidate will have 3-6 years of experience in the fields of investment company accounting/administration or auditing, ideally, with a focus on private equity funds
- Big 4 experience and CPA designation are a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical abilities;
- The ability to read, understand and follow complex partnership agreements and offering materials;
- Experience with accounting for or auditing alternative investment products, including closed-end/private equity style funds;
- Demonstrable knowledge of accounting for fixed income and derivative financial instruments;
- Ability to prioritize and juggle workload, strong analytical/problem solving skills w/ attention to detail;
- Investment company financial reporting expertise; and
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications, emphasis on Excel.
Get in touch
+1 212 704 9900