Senior Corporate Accountant
Salary $60000 - $80000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Catherine Yapp
Date posted June 15, 2017
A fast growing global e-commerce organization is looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant to join the expanding New York team. This role will work closely with the Assistant Controller and support with the effective day to day running of the accounting department.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assist month and year end close process in accordance with US GAAP and internal controls
- Support with the annual and interim internal and external audits processes.
- Create intercompany elimination entry, compile monthly financials, and assist with consolidation.
- Perform GL entries including fixed assets, depreciation/amortization, maintain and update schedules.
- Work alongside the FP&A team to perform account analysis and financial variance analysis including sales and margin analysis.
- Liaison with the FP&A team for deliverables and business analysis required for consolidated reporting needs.
- Process bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Assist with a new ERP implementation, ensuring successful data migration.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field. Ideally CPA or working towards.
- 3-6 years of solid corporate accounting experience, preferable in a large organization with a high volume of transactions with high volume of transactions.
- Strong general ledger, ,financial reporting, internal controls and chart of accounts experience.
- US GAAP knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
Experience working with ERP systems