Senior Property Accountant
Salary $80000 - $100000 per year
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted June 22, 2017
A well recognized Real Estate firm based in Manhattan are currently looking to expand their Finance division. The Property Accountant will interact with Senior Executives on a regular basis and will report directly into the Senior Accounting Manager. This opportunity is perfect for any strong technical individuals who currently work within the Real Estate industry and are looking to advance their career with a well known firm.
A high-end Real Estate firm that work across several major projects both locally and inter-state. A highly sought after firm and employee of choice this is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to grow their career with a well establish brand.
As a Senior Property Accountant you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Preparing and implementing audit schedules and process re-engineering to reduce financial errors.
- Prepare tenant account analysis and reconciliations when tenants dispute charges to their accounts.
- Review and approve work such as tenant credit memos, non-recurring tenant billings
- Inter- company reporting
- Review monthly cash flow statements including debt service ratio with account analysis of significant budget variances.
- Communicate with management and property manager with respect to same. Explain variances and answer investor/management questions.
- Review additional statements/schedules to be sent to investors/lenders including, Rent rolls, AR, AP, etc.
- Assist and prepare complex budgets and forecasts
- Serve as the primary interface between accounting and property management.
- Be responsible for the creation of all property reports and mandatory filings.
- Develop annual budgets with possible re-forecasts during the year in conjunction with management and property manager.
- Daily bank reconciliations and cash flow reporting
- Processing month end journals for all departments
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 5+ years experience in Real Estate accounting.
- Previous work in a Big 4 Accounting firm highly desirable
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, communication skills both verbal and written, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Experience preparing monthly and quarterly property bill backs.
- Experience with real estate tax and insurance.