AVP - Corporate Accounting
Salary $100000 - $130000 per year + Strong
Location Los Angeles
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted July 17, 2017
My client, a top tier Global Investment Management firm, is looking to hire an AVP within their corporate accounting team in their headquarters in LA. The role is a great opportunity to join a firm that is growing rapidly and is committed to the progression and development of its staff.
The ideal candidate will be someone that has started their career in public accounting and made the move in to an accounting position within a financial services firm. There is a lot of exposure to senior internal stakeholders and with other teams across the business both on the accounting and the business side.
Ultimately the position is responsible recording reconciling, and reporting corporate revenues to accounting management, including management fees and performance fees. The successful applicant will be working closely with FP&A team in forecasting processes and analysis of recorded revenues vs forecasts. This person will also supervise an offshore accounting team. This person will also be analysing revenue analytics and reviewing disclosure for SEC Filings. You will also act as a revenue controller for the Real Estate Group, reviewing costs and presenting financials to business users.
- Responsible for recording and reconciling management and performance fees including associated compensation amounts, and all cash received (and paid) in relation to these revenues and associated expense amounts.
- Supervising an offshore team who help to record journal entries and perform other operational activities.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting investment management agreements and identifying fee terms ensuring that the calculations provided to the manager are in line with those terms.
- Responsible for recording and reconciling other fund revenue related balances including agency fees, arrangement fees, other fees and any management fee offsets.
- Responsible for recording and preparing investor fee rebates and rebate letters.
- Responsible for quarterly revenue analysis included period comparisons and comparison to budgeted revenues. Revenue analysis is reported to senior management within the business..
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing disclosures for our SEC filings.
- Responsibilities for preparing inputs and feedback for our earnings presentation on a quarterly basis.
- Responsibilities for fund receivables including ensuring appropriate allocations and timely recovery of receivables from funds.
- High level of interaction across our finance department including liasing with fund accounting teams and our FP&A team.
- Review of Real Estate Group expenses for proper accounting and presentation.
Key background and skills
- Ideally 3 years Big 4 experience and 4 years in an industry role preferably in asset management industry.
- Degree in accounting, finance or similar subject required
- CPA preferred
- Experience with SOX 404 preferred
- Experience with an ERP system, Oracle is preferred.
- Experience of working a corporate accounting positions regularly liaising with Controller, CFO, CAO and Investor relations
- Prior exposure to Fund Accounting, IRR calculations, management fee (or similar) calculations), capital cycles
- Advanced excel skills
- Prior experience of proactive process improvement including the automation of processes is preferred.