Portfolio Analyst and Reporting Associate
Salary $75000 - $100000 per year + bonus
Location Hermosa Beach
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted June 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My Client, is a Global Investment firm with close to $10billion in Capital under management. They are looking to hire a Portfolio Analysis and Reporting Associate in their growing team based near Los Angeles. The business has over 100 investments closed since inception. It specializes in software and tech investments and differentiates itself by utilizing its operations group throughout the deal lifecycle
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong background in FP&A / Portfolio Analysis to continue their career in a business that is committed to developing and assisting its staff. This role will develop advanced Excel financial models, forecasts, and performance analysis for private equity portfolio companies. Using Excel, third party software, and VBA, the hire will build, analyze and automate performance reports and help implement benchmarking and possibly valuation initiatives. The hire will also support daily platform operations, ad hoc projects, and value-creation initiatives.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop Excel models for private companies like income statements, balance sheets, cash flows, and valuations
- Automate and build out portfolio performance reports using Excel/VBA, iLEVEL, and ideally Adaptive Insights
- Analyze each company’s budgets vs. actuals and forecast performance using basic regression statistics
- Own relationships with the deal team, portfolio company finance teams, and operations to ensure success
- Support the quarterly business review and possibly the valuations process including 1-2 weekends per quarter
- Create weekly and ad-hoc reports quickly and reliably while balancing parallel priorities
- Help implement a benchmarking initiative to analyze company’s performance and improvement opportunities
- Contribute to strategic projects that may include valuations, CFO conferences, leveraged purchasing, etc.
- Maintain, test, and enhance the iLEVEL web portal dashboard and system releases (no coding required)
- Build out an enhancements backlog, user security, requirements gathering, and process documentation
Background and Skills
- 2-4 years experience in a direct FP&A role or within corporate finance at an enterprise software or technology company
- 2-4 years of experience in performance analysis relevant consulting, capital markets
- Strong academic background with minimum of a bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or a related subject.
- Having worked on graduate, Analyst/associate program in asset management, Banking of a software business preferred
- Professional qualifications are a plus; CPA, CFA, CIPM, FRM, MBA or Masters degree
- Advanced Excel modeling of company discounted cash flows, budgets and forecasts, and ideally valuations
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel modeling including vlookups, if/and/or statements, and VBA required
- Beginner proficiency in Microsoft Access or SQL, and statistical software like SAS, MatLab or R preferred
- Exposure to iLEVEL, Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, QuickBooks, Salesforce, ADP, or Capital IQ a plusIf this position is one that you’re interested in hearing more about, please apply below.
If this position is one that you’re interested in hearing more about, please apply below.