Location New York
Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted May 14, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Fund Accountant - Investment Management - New York
An established investment firm in New York City with $7 billion in assets under management is currently seeking a Junior Fund Accountant to join its Fund Accounting group.
In this role, the Junior Fund Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for a group of funds and separately managed accounts.
The Junior Fund Accountant will:
- Prepare cash, position, and market value reconciliations between the firm’s records and counterparty records for the firm’s funds and separately managed accounts
- Research sources of reconciliation breaks and liaise with Fund Accounting and Operations team members and counterparty contacts to resolve breaks in a timely manner
- Maintain in-house accounting records for separately managed accounts and prepare net asset value calculations on a monthly basis
- Monitor cash and margin balances and wire funds as needed
- Prepare requests for invoice payments and associated supporting schedules
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- Prefer 1-2 years of prior experience in fund accounting with experience in portfolio reconciliation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
If this is a position you are interested in, then please do send over an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach me on 212 704 9900.