Location New York
Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted May 16, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Real Estate Investment Trust are currently looking to recruit for an Accounting Manager with a strong technical understanding of Accounting standards
A Real Estate Investment Trust are currently looking to recruit for an Accounting Manager with a strong technical understanding and knowledge of Accounting Standards and practices. You will be responsible for the following;
- Analyze and review complex transactions, including but not limited to acquisitions, dispositions, refinancings, build to suit transactions, lease restructurings etc.
- Analyze both consolidated and unconsolidated joint venture investments
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and related supporting schedules.
- Review detailed balance sheet analyses and income statement variance and fluctuation analyses in connection with closing packages prepared by staff.
- Review and analyze foreign currency movements, as well as review and analyze complex foreign currency transactions.
- Review intercompany and related-party transactions and perform supporting reconciliations.
- Prepare statement of cash flows and review supporting workpapers.
- Coordinate with and assist financial reporting team in reviewing 10K/10Q disclosures and reviewing supporting workpapers prepared by staff.
- Assist in preparing or reviewing supporting schedules for auditors and responding to audit inquiries
- 5-7 years’ experience in Big 4 Accounting Firm and/or private industry;
- BS/BA in Accounting; Masters and/or CPA a plus
- Exposure to the accounting for various transactions, evolving accounting standards, financial statements and process implementations
- Experience in analyzing real estate transactions
- Experience in consolidation and equity method investment accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles in lease accounting
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and manage a team
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills – knowledge of JDE and/or Hyperion a plus
If this is a position you are interested in, then please do send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me for a confidential discussion on 212 704 9900