Location New York
Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted May 24, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Temp to Perm - Insurance - ASAP Start Date
Performs day-to-day accounts receivable and payable functions for the company and its subsidiaries.
- AP - (Processes ACH payments, cut checks, employee expense payments, sales tax payments, payroll through TPA system)
- AR – (Billing and payments)
Balance sheet reconciliations including reconciliations of investment subsidiary ledgers.
An Insurance Business are looking to hire a VP of Finance for their team in a stand alone position where you will report directly into the CEO and Shareholders. They are for someone for an ASAP start as the current person in this position, will need to do a handover. You will be responsible for the following;
- Settles and reconciles intercompany transactions.
- Prepares and records closing journal entries (accruals, pre-paids, intercompany transitions)
- Manage daily and monthly cash flow needs.
- Prepares financial statements on an entity and consolidated basis.
Escrow Accounting Duties:
- In charge of all postings and disbursements.
- Ensures all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions.
- Verifies against closing statements that all disbursements have been paid correctly (property taxes, water charges, liens and judgments)
- Performs monthly three-way escrow accounts reconciliations.
- Reviews Trial Balance reports to resolve any outstanding checks and open file balances.
- Processes client refunds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- High proficiency with QuickBooks
If you are immediately available and interested in this position - can you please call me on 212 704 9900, or please send your resume through to email@example.com