Salary $70000 - $80000 per year + Bonus
Location Hermosa Beach
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted June 12, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client, a prestigious private equity firm with a varied portfolio covering a number of different industries, is looking to hire a Senior Accountant in to their growing Accounting Function. The position will report to the CFO and offer a lot of exposure across the business. The position will be based just outside LA near Hermosa beach.
This role will offer an individual with a background in accounting and a strong interest in private equity, the opportunity to develop their skills in a company that is committed to the development of its staff. The position will offer an opportunity to join a prestigious private equity firm in an accounting team providing financial support to the firms activities in managing around $7billion in private equity limited partnerships and real estate.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Analysis of financial information, preparing a presenting summaries
- Financial Budgeting and forecasting
- Reconciling various accounts
- Supporting with the month-end and year end close process
- Identifying and working with manager to improve financial processes and procedures
- Ongoing ad hoc projects
Required background and skills
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience in accounting
- Strong educational background minimum bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related subject.
- Strong understanding and practical accounting experience with Microsoft excel
- Experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks
- Real Estate experience preferred
- Attention to detail, and track record successfully managing multiple assignments
- Excellent analytical skills with proven knowledge of core accounting principles
- CPA or equivalent qualification preferred.