Director - Credit Analyst Public Finance
Location New York
Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted June 15, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Director - Public Finance Credit Team - Rating Agency
A Ratings Agency are currently looking for a Director to join its Public Finance Credit team. This role offers the unique opportunity to join a growing team working across all municipal asset classes. The analyst will have direct involvement in high profile and challenging work with exposure to senior staff and external stakeholders.
- Perform credit and transaction analysis including demographic/economic, debt and financial statement analysis on new and existing transactions
- Preparation of credit submissions and presentation of transaction details to rating committees
- Development and publication of public finance rating methodologies, individual transaction reports, and special topic and municipal bond market commentaries
- Monitor and update credit factors on existing transactions for surveillance purposes
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of internal business related spreadsheets and databases
- Minimum of 10 years of experience performing municipal bond credit analysis at a rating agency, financial guarantor, buy-side firm, credit research firm or financial institution across several sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills, writing samples will be requested
- Strong research, analysis, and organizational skills with particular focus on attention to detail
If this is a position you would be interested in, please do send through an updated resume to email@example.com, or for a confidential conversation, you can reach me on 212 704 9900.