Director of Finance - Shared Services & Continuous Improvement
Salary $140000 - $160000 per year + 10% bonus
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted July 12, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A newly created Director of Finance - Shared Services & Continuous Improvement position has just arisen with a global media organization currently experiencing tremendous growth on international scale. Working closely with the Vice President of Finance, this position, heavily focused around continuous improvement and business partnering, is based in brand new offices in the heart of Manhattan.
About the Director of Finance - Shared Services & Continuous Improvement role:
Operational Excellence & Financial Control
- Drive a culture of operational excellence in processes and activities
- Build a culture of continuous improvement and process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain the highest levels of financial integrity ensuring compliance with group and regional policies and legal requirements.
- Drive the highest levels of financial control across the business.
- Partner with key stakeholders to implement and support adoption of enhanced media tools and technology.
- Partner with Global Process Team and other key stakeholders to establish appropriate data governance principles required to support the region.
- Actively engage and maintain relationships with the leadership team and senior management.
- Work to support successful technology deployments and business transactions to maximize benefits and gain efficiencies.
- Partner with key stakeholders to expand the services provided by the accounting team to create a stronger center of excellence for end-to-end processes.
- Build and develop a high performing team.
- Drive high levels of employee engagement through a collaborative and empowering leadership approach.
- Develop and implement a service-led continuous improvement culture to achieve high levels of stakeholder service.
- Manage communication with key reporting stakeholders within Operational & Commercial Finance, including engagement with broader executive leads and the wider business operations.
- Implement a Performance Management framework ensuring it is maintained, including metrics, and targets as needed to ensure is a high level of service with respect to master data, financial controls, audits and data analytics.
- Drive continuous improvement, including identifying, reviewing and prioritizing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure master data services, financial reporting and audit responsibilities are delivered in a timely manner encompassing the principles of accuracy, timeliness and quality.
- Partner with key stakeholders to successfully on-board new clients and businesses in addition to supporting client specific expectations around master data, financial controls and audits.
- Build exceptional stakeholder relationships across the region both within Finance and Client Operations & Client Teams.
- Embed and lead a customer focused culture, delivering the highest levels of service to internal and external customers.
- Manage the delivery of master data, reporting and audit services to agreed efficiency and effectiveness measures.
- Partner with key stakeholders to forecast future demands and respective impact on the FTE requirements.
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver portfolio of services with higher business value.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA certification.
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of public accounting and commercial experience as well as exposure to having worked in a shared services/finance transformation environment
- Experience leading direct teams and influencing stakeholders to follow guidelines for controls, master data and metric to deliver best in class service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills specifically: influencing, collaboration, quality focused and relationship building skills with both Senior Management C-suite level and non-finance staff.
- Strong experience in financial process, reporting and control improvements.
- Proven experience of successful collaboration with finance and non-finance people.
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines in a demanding fast paced environment.
- Proven experience managing end-to-end processes to deliver solid financial operations, reporting and control improvements.
- Ability to think innovatively in developing and executing changes to processes.
- Experience with driving change.
- Ability to think innovatively in developing and executing changes to processes and ways of working.