Accountant - Real Estate/Property
Salary $70000 - $95000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client, a prestigious international Real Estate Investment Manager is looking to hire two Accountants to join their rapidly expanding U.S. Business. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to join a business whilst they are proactively and aggressively growing their US operations. The business is committed to the development and progression of its staff so the role will be ideal for someone with a history in property/real estate accounting to take their career to the next level.
There are two roles available that will focus on accounting for a number of different assets within the real estate portfolio. Some of these Assets include, Data Centres, Logistics properties and multi-family student properties. The roles responsibilities will be malleable as the company grows, ensuring they can attract the right calibre of candidates to the business and also utlilize the skill sets of the accountants joining the team.
- Responsible for the review of accounts prepared by property managers/operators or outsourced agents for a portfolio of assets
- Management reporting for the portfolio of assets and mamnagement company including GAAP adjustments to IFRS
- Preparation of credit review on tenants and suppliers
- Tax computation and filings
- Bi annual forecasts and annual budgeting as well as assisting in SAP implementation for U.S. management companies and LLCs.
- Ensure all payment requests comply with Delegation of Authority and Policies, and process payments timely and accurately.
- Act as liaison between US and Headquarters’ counterparts
- Ongoing stakeholder management across the business
Key skills / background
- Strong educational background with an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or related subject.
- Ideally 3-5 years relevant experience
- Solid understanding of core accounting principles including US GAAP, IFRS and US Tax regulations.
- Experience with SAP/BPC (preferred)
- Prior experience with property/real estate accounting preferred
- Ideally CPA qualified or studying towards a CPA (or equivalent) preferred