Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted September 22, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Real Estate Investment Trust - Controller - New York
A publicly trades Real Estate Investment Trust are currently looking to recruit a Controller within their team to oversee a portfolio of entities who have had extensive experience with FASB 13 and CAM recs.
• Maintain Profit and Loss statements.
• Monitor compliance with all legal documents, including loan agreements and property management agreements.
• Prepare budgets, analyze variances and monitor capitol programs
• Report to CEO on acquisition strategy and Profit and Loss of current properties and current Real Estate portfolio
• Ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place for accurate and timely financial reporting.
• Oversee month-end close, including reviewing GAAP financial statements as it relates to this Real Estate Investment Trust
• Tax and REIT compliance
• Revenue projection
• Use MRI or Yardi Property management software
• Monitor the entire Accounting operation, from AP, AR, Property Accounting etc
• Oversee the preparation of detailed audit workpaper in connection with month, quarter and year-end financial audit and reporting process
• Reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to general ledger and monthly reports.
• Utilize existing accounting systems to automate processes and reporting where appropriate.
• Manage accounting for the tenant accounting year end lease requirements (i.e. cam year reconciliations, annual sales report, etc.)
• Work with property management to research and explain budget to actual variances, and share these explanations with F&A leadership for use in monthly management meetings as required
• Support COO with ad-hoc analysis requests
• Manage annual Building Operating Expenses reports; prepare annual operating budget, revised forecasts
• Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or a related field
• Real Estate Accounting
• Public Accounting Experience
• Real Estate Investment Trust Accounting
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and the accounting requirements of real estate organizations
• Fundamental understanding of US GAAP
If this is a position you would be interested in, can you please call me to discuss on 212 704 9900, or please do send through an updated resume to email@example.com