Consultant Akhil Nagapuri
Date posted October 15, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A Tax Associate for an Asset Management Firm.
A Hedge Fund located in Connecticut currently looking for a Tax Associate. The associate will work closely with the Tax team, and will manage all tax-related projects with outside counsel, public accounting firms, and within the company.
- Perform and prepare reviews of tax work papers, partnership allocations and tax estimates to assist with tax compliance process and audit defense.
- Operate trademarked internal software and automation to generate Schedules K-1 and tax return templates that will be used by external vendors to prepare tax returns.
- You will be serving as the department's Tax Technologists by focusing on improvising system and process automation, which will include the design, testing and implementation of new tools with the assistance of the firm's IT department.
- Address ad-hob queries from other departments, including questions around foreign dividend witholding tax, ECI implications of trading publicly traded partnerships, and deductibility of potential charitable contributions.
- Assisting senior tax professionals with projects relating to tax structuring, research and planning.
- Between 3 and 7 years of work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills; ability to build macros using VBA is a plus
- Experience with Thomson Reuters GoSystems RS preferred
- CPA or MS in Taxation
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Experience within financial services or asset management a plus