AVP - Equities & Credit, Valuation and P&L Analysis
Salary $95000 - $130000 per year + bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted October 18, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client, a large Foreign Investment Bank is looking to hire a Finance Analyst in an Analytical role providing oversight and guidance to the near shore team Supporting the North American Cash Equities and Equity Derivatives business. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong background in Product Control / P&L production and an understanding of equities products to develop their career in an analytical role and with a business committed to the development of its staff.
The business is a leading provider of clearing and custody, financing, securities lending, client technology and customized reporting services. The role would be supporting the Prime Brokerage business, OTC derivatives and cash equities business.
The successful applicant will be an individual with a strong knowledge of equity products, risk attribution and a controls mindset. There will be troubleshooting issues as they occur and be responsible for identifying errors and their sources whilst understanding drivers of P&L movements. You will also be providing oversight to relevant reporting and analysis of financial metrics to the business and finance management.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- understanding of the P&L process, P&L explain process and performing various controls.
- Provide value-add analysis to business/client and Senior Finance management on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Provide meaningful commentary on the P&L drivers on a daily basis. Explain the attributes of the daily profit & loss (P&L) based on underlying risk components
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Front Office to analyze the accuracy of trade / position valuations.
- Take full ownership of the daily P&L process and perform oversight function for near-shore team.
- Research and resolve P&L discrepancies between Front Office and Finance which will include working with Operations, the Trading Desk, IT, Financial Reporting, and Market Risk Control
- Perform daily due diligence for new trades and explain any difference between estimates vs actual P&L.
- Assist in tie-out to General Ledger and deliver final month end P&L briefing reports
- Preparation of P&L reports and analysis. Examples include business review and ad hoc requests from the Front Office.
- Attend to internal/external audit and regulatory inquiries.
Key skills and background
- Strong academic background with bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related subject
- Prior experience in P&L production role within financial services
- Understanding of Equities products, ideally both cash and derivatives
- Sophis system knowledge, understanding use of the system for calculating P&L and attribution
- Strong excel skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships
- Strong analytical skills