Director, Investment Accounting
Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted October 18, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Financial Services - AVP Investment Accountant - Des Moines, Iowa
A Financial Holding Company are looking to recruit for an AVP of Investment Accounting to lead a team and support the VP and SVP of Investment Accounting. Your responsibilities will include;
- Work closely with VP, Investment Accounting and SVP, Corporate Controller to ensure investment accounting activities necessary to close the company’s books are performed in a timely, efficient manner, and well controlled manner.
- Lead a team of investment accounting professionals who are responsible for both GAAP and Statutory financial investment reporting.
- Oversee control environment related to investment accounting financial reporting functions, processes and procedure to ensure they are executed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide regular updates to senior management keeping them abreast of any issues, shortcomings, or accomplishments of the team.
- Develop and perform various analytical procedures to assist senior management in understanding the company’s investment performance relative stated strategies and objectives.
- Monitor and adjust daily workload across the team, as needed, to ensure that requirements are met effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff members are cross trained to ensure adequate coverage can be provided as needed.
- Serve as control owner for all investment accounting SOX controls. Consistently review and modify (as needed) all SOX controls to ensure they are applicable to the team’s processes.
- Stay abreast of market conditions, investment strategies, the changing accounting literature or regulatory guidance to ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or, Finance.
- CPA designation strongly preferred.
- 7-9 years’ experience in an investment accounting function with demonstrated progressive managerial experience.
- 4 years of management experience
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income, Structured Products, Derivatives, Mortgage Loans and Alternative Investments.
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management across the organization.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and process improvement experience.
- A strong detailed orientation while being able to see how the details impact the larger strategic objectives of the firm
- PAM Experience
- Big 4 Accounting experience is a plus
- Occasional travel needed, approx. 10%