Assistant Controller - Private Equity
Consultant Max Zheng
Date posted October 18, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client is a prestigious and growing Investment Management firm, that are looking to hire an assistant controller within their Private Equity business.
This is a great opportunity for anyone with a background in Finance and Accounting to progress their career with a firm committed to the progression and development of its staff. The firm has rapidly grown to now having an AUM of over $120billion. As the firm continues to grow, there will be great opportunities for this individual to grow with the business.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of finance and accounting experience from both public accounting and private accounting within a financial services firm.
- Management of our quarterly reporting and annual GAAP reporting, including coordination with our external administrators and our auditors
- Ongoing support for investor inquiries and marketing materials for our upcoming fund launches
- Operational coordination with our investment operations team and performance team
- Review and oversight of our external administrators as we manage monthly and quarterly accounting closes. Assist in the training and development of senior accountants
- Management of certain expense processes, including compliance with the fund’s partnership agreements
- Assisting the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer implement new processes and procedures, including the onboarding of funds to a new administrator, improvements in our expense processes, implementation of new systems, or expanding our coordination with offshore resources
- Directly reports to Private Equity Controller Indirect reporting relationships to Private Equity’s Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- Would be a key member of an 8-person team focused on Private Equity funds
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Audit background at a Big 4 accounting firm
- Relevant industry knowledge is preferred
- Ideal candidates would have prior experience at the Accounting Manager level (or higher) and have approximately 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Industry experience in Private Equity, Credit, or fund accounting preferred