Senior Management Accountant
Salary $75000 - $85000 per year
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted November 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Responsible for the efforts and results of the Finance Department. You will be responsible for preparation and reviewing then financial statements, research and analysis of accounts to provide management with financial information, ensuring efficiency and accuracy of finance processes as well as guiding financial department staff in day-to-day operations. The essential function of this position is to support and provide relief to the Finance Director, in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department; as well as being a key contact point with the senior management team both locally and abroad.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Creation and streamlining of monthly reporting to identify results and trends.
- Implement employee level break-even reporting for permanent recruiters in all US offices.
- Manage weekly cash flow and forecasting by reviewing internal reports and information.
- Develop budgets and financial plans based on research of trends and management input.
- Designs processes and policies to ensure that the Finance department is efficient, prevents errors and can support the growth of the business.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Assist Director with all regulatory filings with Departments of State, Taxation, and Licensing
- Oversee revenue assurance compliance per Group policy
- Implement purchase order system and best practice.
- Document and track information on state related tax and licensing detail.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist in the training and development of the Staff Accountant.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, further advanced degree preferred (MBA, CPA)
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of working in Excel Spreadsheets is mandatory.
- Establish relationships with senior management across all locations in the U.S. to understand the business model and provide support on any budgeting/financial analysis needed.
- Provide understandable financial information to non-financial management in a clear and concise way.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to align to the strategy of senior management for the business
- Ability to communicate at all levels and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy is essential along with strong time management skills.
- Ability to use typical analytical, problem solving approaches with the ability to provide support to other team members as and when needed.
- High level of communication and interactive listening skills with senior stakeholders.
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.