Senior Internal Auditor
Salary $80000 - $105000 per year
Consultant Max Zheng
Date posted December 9, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client - a large Insurance Company with 1.3 Trillion AUM and over 180 years of business insights is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor in their America operation. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated and very knowledgeable of auditing theory and practice. He/she is seasoned and can lead staff on a limited basis, identify and present audit issues for consideration by Group Internal Audit (GIA) management.
- Contributes to the planning, fieldwork, and report writing stages of internal audits for the Company.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business areas and offers appropriate suggestions there to,
- Identifies risks and mitigating processes,
- Executes work diligently and accurately,
- Prepares, reviews, or revises audit working papers for audit procedures performed,
- Develops or assists Company staff with developing process improvements and secure management buy in to recommendations,
- Review IT aspects of business processes including application level security, change control, backup and functional integrity,
- Drafts, reviews, and/or revises the audit report,
- Contribute to the Company's annual testing of key controls,
- Operate across all areas of the business with minimal direct supervision,
- Managing own priorities to achieve agreed upon timelines, and
- Complete assignments within budgeted timeframes.
- Communicate audit issues clearly, timely and concisely with Internal Audit management and staff as well as Company management and staff. Proactively escalate important matters to the attention of GIA management.
- Maintain GIA administrative systems on a current basis and prepare project status reporting.
- Conduct thorough auditee interviews and perform observations to gather detailed, thorough, and relevant process information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Has certification or is a candidate for Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor.
- Minimum three years total experience, some in internal/external audit required, finance acceptable.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Prior insurance industry background preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting theory; accounting and financial systems; and audit methodology, including planning, risks and controls, and testing and sampling.
- Data Analytics experience (e.g. Tableau) a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Analytical and technical skills
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Gather and assist with analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating audit documentation and data, while demonstrating a keen attention to detail.
- Effectively balance multiple projects, often concurrently.
- Demonstrate increasing auditing knowledge and knowledge of GIA methodology and professional audit standards (IIA) and concepts (COSO).
- Prepare and present effective written and oral communications.
- Perform effective and efficient interviews of auditees.
- Collaborate with others to achieve team goals.
- Establish effective working relationships with audit staff and other Company personnel.
- Travel (including international) if necessary