Salary Up to $75,000 per year
Consultant Michelle Hernandez
Date posted February 19, 20192019-02-19 2019-04-09 accountancy permanent US Midtown, Manhattan New York 10016 USD 75000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The fastest growing and largest operator of open-top sightseeing tours is looking to add a Financial Accountant to their US finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for the financial reporting for one of their US cities. They have roughly $200M in turnover and operate in 19 cities internationally which include London, Dubai, Hong Kong, New York, Miami, Dublin and Singapore. They are looking for a self-starter with strong accounting, reporting and financial analysis skills.
The Collections Officer will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Maintain and manage monthly accounts for one of our US operations for the Board and the Regional Director.
- Assist in month-end close activities.
- Provide detailed analysis of business performance, in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Perform reconciliations with all accounts in general ledger, posting of journal entries and review of entries by other teams (AP/AR).
- Maintain and manage monthly Accruals, Prepayments, Fixed Assets, Revenue Recognition and Intercompany Billing demonstrating strong accounting knowledge of all areas of the profit & loss statement and balance sheet.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations across all accounts.
- Communicate with local city team about finance related matters who are not based in New York.
- Some travel to the local city to build relationships with the team and better understand the local operations.
- Liaise with auditors and assist in global audit, analyzing information and demonstrating good knowledge of the entire financial reporting process.
- Complete ad hoc financial duties and analysis/project work as required.
- Coordinating with the accounting and finance team on more complex accounting projects and initiatives.
- Assist in the development of group-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Remote supervision of local cashiering functions outside of NYC.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience with industry experience in hospitality or entertainment.
- College degree required.
- Strong Excel skills required, and strong working knowledge of SAP.
- A proven track record of financial data management and financial reporting process involvement including analysis of results.
- Evidence of working in environments undergoing growth or major change and able to act as an agent of change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team ethic and the ability to achieve goals with a variety of colleagues.
- A self-starter, with proven initiative and a proactive work ethic.