Fund Accountant, Mutual Funds
Salary $55 - $90 per hour
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-03-27 financial-services temp-contract US New York New York 10036 USD 55 90 90 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My Client, an investment Manager with over half a trillion ($)dollars in assets globally, is looking to hire a fund accountant on a contract basis in New York as they continue to expand their US operations. This is a great opportunity for someone with an understanding of mutual funds and core accounting principles to get some great experience in a highly sough after Investment Manager.
The firm offers a number of different unique fixed income investment solutions. The business has experience rapid ear on year growth since inception in 2000. Following acquisitions of a number of businesses in the US, the firm’s commitment to growth in North America is now more apparent than ever.
This position will be part of the overall operations team but focused on fund accounting. The individual in this role will be responsible for outsourced service providers, as well as overseeing accounting, reporting, and operational processes in relation to Insights 40 Act Fund range.
- Provide oversight of outsourced service providers as it relates to client reporting, including measuring and monitoring KPIs and overall performance.
- Oversee accounting, reporting, and operational processes in relation to Insight’s 40 Act fund range, and newly launched BCTs.
- Conduct quality control over reports generated by outsourced service providers.
- Oversee month end, and quarter end close and NAV cycles.
- Build and maintain relationships with numerous teams internally; advising the business on accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements relating to Insight’s funds and BCTs
- Manage relationships with external administrators, vendors and outsourced operations.
- Maintain relationships with investors; providing reporting and support when required.
- Provide reporting to internal and external counterparties (i.e. fund boards).
- Ensure compliance with internal policy and accounting standards
- Lead and complete additional ad-hoc projects as required
Key Background and Skills
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance or a related subject
- 7 years + experience within the investment industry
- Strong understanding of fixed income investments and financial markets
- Thorough understanding of accounting, reporting and operational processes in relation to 40 Act Funds and separate accounts (Mutual Funds)
- Background in Fund accounting, or Fund administration
- Experience working for a complex multi-national company
- CPA, or a background in public accounting a plus
If you feel you would be a fit for this position and would be interested in hearing more about the role and the company, please apply below