Salary $120,000 - $125,000 per year
Consultant Michelle Hernandez
JobRef 113292/0012019-04-18 2019-05-27 accountancy permanent US Rockville Maryland 20855 USD 120000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A newly created Financial Controller position has arisen within a high-tech company. Working closely with HQ in Europe and a dotted line to the MD who is based locally, this business-critical role is focused on taking full ownership of the Accounting & Finance function for all of North America. Driving continuous improvement initiatives. Furthermore, this position will work across and business partner with Sales, Operations and Technical Support.
As the Financial Controller you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Take ownership for the entire Accounting & Finance operations for the North Americas, including the preparation of budgets and ensuring that all group financial frameworks/time-lines are adhered to
- Work closely with shareholders and senior executives by providing them with all financial reports and interpreting the financial information accordingly
- Partner with HQ and auditors to ensure company financials are maintained
- Ensure that all financial and non-financial data is reported to the group with a main focus on Sales & Project controls and frameworks
- The Financial Controller will ensure that the company's financial (cash) position is always front of mind and will improve the overall financial performance of the North Americas business
- Lead all cost analysis, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and actual performances in comparison to the business plan
- Oversee all operations of the finance department, set achievable goals and objectives and ensure they are met
To be successful as the Finance Director you will have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or similar field
- Proven experience as an Assistant Controller with a mix of Finance & Accounting experience.
- Further qualifications highly desired but not essential (MBA, CPA, CFA etc.)
- 8-10+ years experience in a similar role and prior experience leading a division
- Strong systems experience with large ERP system and heavy Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principals