Senior Investment Accountant
Salary $95,000 - $110,000 per year + bonus
Consultant Max Zheng
JobRef 113502/0012019-04-18 2019-05-31 financial-services permanent US Arlington Virginia 22209 USD 95000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client - a reputable Investment Manager based in Arlington, VA with $37 billion AUM is currently looking for a Senior Investment Accountant with 2-4 years of experiences.
The Senior Investment Accountant is responsible primarily for assisting with the oversight of the external administrator’s NAV packages for the Strategic Investment fund of funds (FoFs) and for the review and maintenance of internal portfolio reporting records. Additionally, the role will assist with the recalculation of all client SMA sub-manager and custody fees.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for monthly approval of NAV reconciliations (third party reconciliation between administrator, custodian and Strategic) and audits for all Strategic FoFs.
- Update, monitor, and review Strategic investment book of record (IBOR), which includes updating monthly investment values in third-party funds.
- Point person to communicate, support, and clear fund accounting discrepancies for client requests, administrators, custodians, and auditors.
- Aggregate Strategic FoFs data for the preparation of compliance filings for Strategic FoFs (CPO PQR).
- Full accounting, including preparation of financial disclosures, journal entries, and audits, for two Strategic entities that do not engage a 3rd party administrator.
- Calculate Strategic’s assets under management.
- Review and approval of all SMA sub-manager and/or custody fees.
- Maintain documented procedures and files.
- Special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with accounting principles and procedures. Big 4 experience preferred.
- Financial industry with fund accounting experience a plus.
- Understanding of and desire to learn more about investments, funds, hedge funds, and multiple investment vehicles.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel; familiarity with G/L software helpful.
- Proficiency in data management.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Integrity and ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and private information.
- Ability to independently manage projects and meet deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a demanding environment.
- Ability to interface well with all departments and to represent the firm in a professional manner.
- Must be equally skilled at working both independently and within a team.