Manager, Revenue Accounting
Salary $90,000 - $120,000 per year
Location New York, NY, USA
Consultant Michelle Hernandez
JobRef 117762/0012019-07-13 2019-08-26 accountancy permanent US New York New York 10001 USD 90000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A newly created Manager, Revenue Accounting position has arisen with a global software organization currently experiencing extensive growth. Partnering directly with the Director, Revenue Accounting, you will be responsible for work on all manner of revenue related accounting matters and be able to influence the evolution and development of the function. Furthermore, this business-critical position is based in the heart of Manhattan.
As the Manager, Revenue Accounting, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
· Review customer contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606
· Support Director, Revenue Accounting with analysis and intelligence on our customer contracts and the associated revenue recognition Analyze and report key revenue metrics and results.
· Provide guidance to the order entry team to ensure customer contracts are recorded accurately
· Work closely with Sales Operations and Accounts Receivable teams on all customer contract matters.
· Perform the monthly close tasks associated with revenue including the preparation of various reconciliations, revenue journal entries and revenue related analysis.
· Work closely with external audit team regarding all quarterly review and annual audit requirements.
· Assist in the design, development and implementation of global revenue process controls
· Support the completion of all revenue related disclosures in the financial statements.
Participate in ad‐hoc projects as required
To be successful as the Manager, Revenue Accounting you must have:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
7+ years work experience in a top 10 public accounting firm with 3 years of industry experience
Experience with SEC registered companies
Experience with Netsuite, Zuora and Salesforce or equivalent systems