Financial Controller - Americas
Salary $110,000 - $135,000 per year + Bonus
Location Houston, TX, USA
Consultant Michelle Hernandez
JobRef 119342/0012019-08-15 2019-10-14 accountancy permanent US Houston Texas 77084 USD 110000 135000 135000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading global energy organization, currently experiencing growth on an international scale are looking to hire a Financial Controller of Americas. Working closely with the CFO, this business-critical role is focused on providing technical guidance, preparing both financial and management reports and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Ensure strong financial processes, policies and controls are implemented and maintained throughout the business.
- Prepare monthly accounts for all companies and branches.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliations, accounting records and analysis
- Ensure compliance across groups and procedures.
- Responsible for managing budgets and costs.
- Ensure compliance with companies international sysrtems and report on budget and PO usage.
- Ensure accuracy of project accounts and oversee work of project accountants.
- Ensure tax compliance is up to date and accurate in all regions.
- Partner with strategy group for tax planning.
- Prepare cashflow forecasts, payroll review/preparation, and review revenue balances.
- Monitor and report on operations and financial KPI's.
To be succesful in this role, the Financial Controller will:
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field
- CPA qualified
- 10-15 years experience across both public accounting and commercial firms
- Experience of working in the Americas in a project based or business to business service (oil & gas related would be an advantage) organization
- Track record of success within operational and commercial Finance
- Proven managerial experience is critical
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial close, reporting etc.)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Fluent in Spanish is essential