Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
Salary $85000 - $100000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Eric Mianti
Date posted December 15, 2016
A newly created Senior Financial Reporting Analyst role has arisen with a Leading Global Events Marketing & Communications company. This role will be heavily based on utilizing Hyperion, Smartview, and Excel to create budgets and forecasts. The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Director of FP&A in all aspects of FP&A and operational process improvement.
The business is a leading global marketing and communications company who work across several different platforms. A true global presence working in over 15 different countries.
They continue to be the market leader in their industry and are looking for an individual with a commercial mind-set to expand their presence across North America.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Assist in the creation, analysis, reporting and management of budgets and forecasts.
- Analyze monthly/quarterly financial results to understand underlying causes for performance and variances between current periods and budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Analyze financial reports to identify existing or potential operating issues or operating inconsistencies
- Perform research for and completes special projects as assigned (i.e., creating dashboards, develop metrics, create presentations, create supporting financial models)
- Create various “what if” modeling and scenarios across the group’s portfolio as needed.
- Perform other ad hoc analysis / duties as assigned
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- Four-year degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience in financial planning, reporting or business analysis
- Strong analytical skills are required, with the ability to challenge and research factors behind the financials
- The ability to work independently, meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle changing priorities is required
- Extensive Excel and PowerPoint experience and financial modeling skills
- Experience using Hyperion Essbase and SmartView
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and outstanding quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills are necessary, combined with written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.