Senior Internal Auditor
Salary $80000 - $90000 per year + + 10% Bonus
Consultant Lauren MacCallum
Date posted March 30, 2017
Currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join a growing team. Looking for an individual to take a lead role in the timely execution of internal audits as well as assisting with any other audit matters and projects.
Our client is a leading contractor based in Connecticut. Due to recent growth they are looking to add a Senior Internal Auditor to their team. As an organization they pride themselves on a great working environment and team culture and look for individuals who want to grow their career.
As the Senior Internal Auditor you will be reporting into the Audit Manager. You responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Determine scope of testing in conjunction with the other auditors
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues
- Determine compliance with company policies and procedures
- Verbally communicate findings to management and draft comprehensive and complete audit points
- Work closely with management teams in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimization, profit improvement, internal control and compliance
- Review the suitability of internal control design
- Perform audits resulting in assurances that internal controls and processes meet world class standards.
- Assist in establishing common processes, policies, and procedures across a multi-location, international company
- Provide assistance with the investigation of alleged fraud and material misconduct
- Perform special audit and consulting assignments
- Effectively present to peers and management
- Exhibit leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Expected travel is 10%-20%
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Accounting. Ideally having 3-5 years experience in accounting or audit from the construction industry is beneficial for this role. Having a CPA is preferred for this position. My client is looking for someone who works well in a team environment and is a clear communicator but can also work autonomously.