Salary $90000 - $110000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 19, 2017
My client, Leading US Financial Services firm, is looking to hire an Auditor in their Dallas office. It is a great opportunity for a candidate with a firm grasp of audit and controls within financial services to develop their career in a company committed to looking after and developing their staff.
The main function of the team is to provide independent, objective assurance and advisory services to assist the enterprise in maintaining an effective system of internal controls.
Specifically this role will focus on audit projects, participating in planning, friving fieldwork, and assisting with reprt clearance. The primary measure of success is identifying meaningful potential issues about the design and effectiveness of controls and creating reliable documentation to support his or her work. The auditor must manage a number of audit relationships.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Strategic control impact; identifying meaningful issues from audits, work with auditees to achieve progress from action plans, support the firms risk management priorities
- Take ownership for identifying risk, such as credit, market, liquidity, operational, legal, compliance, technology, and systemic, within his or her assigned area of responsibility
- Adhere to risk policies, procedures and best practices
- Identify opportunities for improving existing processes
- Maintain awareness of regulatory issues
- Comply with corporate initiatives; New Initiatives Process (NIC), Management Self Identification of Issues, Management Control Awareness & Responsiveness (MCAR), Operational Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA), etc
- Audit execution; complete risk focused field work on time and on budget, fully resolved review notes, lead on projects as experience develops
- Quality process; demonstrate good knowledge of IADs policies and procedures; participate in ongoing improvement initiatives.
Key skills and background
- Minimum of two years Internal or external audit experience (or in risk and controls management)
- Some background particularly in market, credit, liquidity, quantitative/model risk management would be desirable
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, economics or similarly quantitative field
- CIA (Or equivalent qualification) preferred
- Other relevant qualifications a bonus Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Financial Risk Manager (FRM) and Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Each auditor position with this firm is unique and may require the incumbent to have or build specific knowledge of the businesses, products, functions and processes within his or her coverage responsibilities.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self Starter,
- Willingness and ability to ask the right questions in order to challenge current processes/status quo in a professional manner