Director , Internal Consulting
Salary $160000 - $165000 per year
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted November 9, 2016
Responsible for leading and delivering on global and US regional operational management consulting projects of varying complexity and scope. Typical projects include leading business transformation, designing and implementing new operating models and governance, building new capabilities, increasing business efficiency efforts, and leading program management efforts for global projects.
This global pharmaceutical firm really are leaders in their market. Due to an internal promotion a role has arisen to join their internal consulting function. Having a strong work-life balance which means 0% travel, these perks are truly unheard of in the consulting world. If you are sick of living out of your suitcase and prepared to do what it takes to get your foot in the door then this is the role and company for you.
The role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Ability to use management consulting skills, business knowledge, processes redesign skills, change management, and continuous improvement methodologies, measurements to analyze issues, drive alignment and achieve operational improvement solutions for the business units.
- Typical projects include transformations such as restructuring components of the business, developing and implementing new operating models and governance, improving business processes, building new capabilities, etc.
- Projects may be global or regional in nature and often involve multiple divisions and/or BU's
- Provide project and program management leadership and is a critical partner with the sponsor of any project.
- Developing strong relationships with senior leaders across the organization and work across leadership to prioritize projects to maximize impact.
- Managing project teams composed of both internal colleagues and external contractors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; MA/MS/MBA degree or other advanced degree preferred
- 9+ years management consulting experience, preferably from a management consulting firm
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects teams, programs, or work-streams of varying levels of complexity
- Commercial experience (sales, marketing, commercial operations, etc.) preferred
- Experience with operations management consulting methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with change management methodologies, organizational design, business process reengineering, various operating and business models
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Fluent with technology solutions to manage projects, including Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Sharepoint)
- Intermediate understanding of corporate finance