Finance Shared Services Manager (Americas)
Location New York
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted January 18, 2017
A newly created Finance Shared Services Manager (Americas) role has just arisen within a highly prestigious and global media organization in Manhattan. Working closely with the Head of Operational Finance - Americas, this is a business critical role as the company continues to expand rapidly on an international scale.
About the Finance Shared Services Manager (Americas) role:
- Develop, lead and drive the transition of Operational Finance processes (P2P, O2C and R2R) into the BPO environment
- Be responsible for defining overall project schedule & milestones, and timely execution towards those milestones
- Manage all project deliverables and tracking of project status and deliverables
- Manage the transfer of processes along with the local project manager/team
- Experience with ERP implementations
- Working with the outsourcing service providers regional account management team as the primary contact to establish, manage and meet all business requirement, commitments, and expectations in accordance with the contractual agreement
- Resolving escalated issues in accordance with the applicable governance escalation procedures.
- Monitoring organisation’s compliance with the obligations of the agreement – including Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Evaluating SLA’s and approving any action plans resulting from service performance failures.
- Reviewing and approving, where possible process and technical changes with respect to the applicable service in accordance with the change control procedures.
- Develop or revise established KPIs and SLAs in liaison with business operational units and the outsourcing service provider
- Providing leadership and guidance to the governance organisation, including key stakeholders.
- Report on contract performance, communicate stakeholder expectations and contract updates to organisation stakeholders.
- Initiating and driving continuous improvement, including reviewing, approving, and prioritising continuous improvement suggestions from within the retained organisation and the outsourcing service provider’s organisation. (E.g. Lean & joint 6 sigma projects)
- Identifying and managing risks and opportunities for improvement in the performance of the services.
- Liaison with the APAC and EMEA Service Managers and the Operational Finance leadership team to ensure best practice is shared across the organisation and the delivery centres.
- Experience driving change management for end-to-end finance supply chain processes for a complex, fast moving business environment
- Experience of managing outsourced process service delivery for a complex, fast moving, multi market business
- Strong experience of financial process, reporting and control improvements
- Proven experience of successfully collaboration with finance and non-finance people
- Excellent communication, influencing, collaboration and relationship building skills
- A strong, successful record in providing strategic leadership, operating effectively across functional and geographic boundaries, building and sustaining solid business relationships and integrating financial discipline into operational decision making
- A strong solid record in driving change management and influencing senior finance professional, operating effectively across functional and geographic boundaries, building and sustaining solid business relationships and integrating financial discipline into operational decision making
- Change agent with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.