Director Human Resources
Salary $130000 - $160000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Catherine Yapp
Date posted June 1, 2017
A growing commercial real estate business is looking for a Director of HR to join the New York team and support an exciting commercial development project focusing on dining, retail and cultural experiences. This is a great opportunity to perform a full generalist role in a environment with extensive senior management exposure and opportunity to implement processes and affect change.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all employees regarding any HR issues.
- Develop, implement and evaluate HR initiatives.
- Lead on employee relations cases, including managing the full investigation processes, recommending resolutions and coaching managers through difficult conversations.
- Develop and deliver training on topics such as performance management, customer service and diversity.
- Update HR policies and procedures to reflect any changes in laws and legislation.
- Provide a quality on-boarding process for new starters and manage the HRIS updates.
- Support with HR initiatives such as employee engagement and retention strategies.
- Support recruitment during peak times.
- Support management with decision making regarding compensation and benefits for employees.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or another related field.
- PHR certification is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience working in a full generalist role in a rapidly changing, fast paces and complex environment.
- Solid knowledge of HR practices and Federal & State employment laws.
- Exposure to the full employee relations investigation process.
- Experience facilitating training.
- Strong Excel skills needed and exposure to Workday would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with employees at all levels.