Director of People Operations
Location San Francisco
Consultant Stephanie Pal
Date posted July 18, 2017
An exceptional opportunity as a Director of People Operations has opened up at an exciting start-up in the SaaS and Machine Learning space.
In this leading role/position you will be responsible for developing and managing the entire HR function of the company. You will be the first full time HR leader, and you will be directly reporting to the VP of Finance & Administration, while working closely with the Exec Team on key projects and strategy.
- Take the lead on recruiting; create job descriptions, screen candidates, organize interviews, etc.
- Draft employment documents such as agreements, offer letters, etc.
- Oversee new hire onboarding; new hire paperwork, desk set up, orientations, etc.
- Help with Immigration & Global Mobility as necessary
- Maintain all HRIS data ensuring accuracy
- Handle terminations and exit interviews
- Conduct benefits and payroll with 3rd party services
- Look over employee complaints & issues, documenting and bringing them to managements attention as necessary
- Conduct and coordinate employee annual reviews
- Manage and budget employee relations activities such as meals, demos, events, etc.
- Continuously ensure office environment is a happy and healthy place to work
- Serve as main contact with building management
- Coordinate renovations and office moves
- BS/BA degree
- At least 5 years experience all encompassing employee onboarding, recruiting, & developing
- Ability to provide effective sensitivity, creativity, and judgment to continuously changing situations and needs
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a start-up, fast paced environment