Human Resources Manager
Salary $90000 - $120000 per year
Location New York
Consultant Catherine Yapp
Date posted July 12, 2017
A luxury consumer products and retail business is looking to expand the New York team and hire an HR Manager to support growth and development of the organization. The HR Manager will play both an operational and strategic role and support senior leadership within both the corporate and creative functions with areas such as talent development, training, employee relations and HR policy as well as a pivotal role in a HR change initiative.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Leading on HR matters for a head office population of approximately 100 employees.
- Support the HR Director with a HR transformation project which will include the creation of a new HR structure, the implementation of an new HRIS and a new employee self-service system.
- Working with the recruitment lead on all hires for the New York office from screening CVs to the offer process and lead the new hire orientation process.
- Support leadership with talent management and succession planning
- Managing the training program and identifying any additional training needs across the business.
- Serve as the main point of contact for any corporate employee relations issues and conduct any necessary investigations.
- Manage the benefits program and the auto enrollment process.
- Maintain and update HR policies and procedures and communicate changes to the wider business.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably within the area of Human Resources, Business, Commerce.
- Demonstrable experience in a generalist HR role.
- Previous HR change and/or transformation experience.
- Strong understanding of HR policies and US labor law.
- Experience working within a retail, consumer products or creative environment would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise with employees at all levels.