Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager - Raw Materials (Resins)
Salary $100000 - $150000 per year + 10% bonus
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted June 19, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
A business critical Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager - Raw Materials (Resins) role has arisen within a large, multinational firm currently experiencing tremendous growth across the US. Reporting directly into the Vice President of Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing, this is a newly created position, based just outside of Chicago in Illinois.
About the Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager - Raw Materials (Resins) role:
- Serve as lead for sourcing and negotiating contract pricing and terms for assigned commodities. Including but not limited to PE, PP and PVC Additives and Colorants.
- Analyze global market information to understand upstream cost drivers and the effect on market pricing, including supply and demand dynamics. Generate and maintain various top management flash reports and monthly market overview reports on key commodities.
- Conduct global market research to identify potential new suppliers and products with the goal of identifying new and redundant sources of supply based on competitiveness, capability and business needs. Lead cross functional team to qualify.
- Partner with R&D and Product Management to support ongoing NPD and R&D Projects.
- Conduct supplier survey and scorecard measurement process with key suppliers -driving continuous improvement and project savings opportunities.
- Complete Annual RFQ’s for assigned commodities and services focusing on Total Cost. Includes but not limited to negotiating price, lead time, Payment Terms, Rebates and delivery.
- Award annual contracts for assigned commodities and monitor purchases to ensure commitments are made and rebates are maximized. Identify and take advantage of spot buy opportunities as needed.
- Comply with all SOX requirements and approved processes and procedures.
- Maintain professional & productive relations with suppliers and internal customers.
- Manage/update pricing and adjustments for all key materials and develop means to share information to all parties.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Purchasing policies and procedures by creating templates and laying out processes.
- Relevant experience with strategic sourcing in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Experience negotiating with Global Resin and Additive Suppliers is strongly desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge of front and back end of systems.
- Proven success researching data utilizing internal and external sources.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and developing procurement tools and reports.
- Comprehension of market dynamics and ability to translate the information into meaningful language.