Salary $108126.50 - $123040.50 per year + 25% target performance bonus
Consultant Martin Fox
Date posted April 20, 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fund Controller to join a growing private equity firm and manage a team responsible for the day-to-day accounting and overall financial reporting for investment funds. The Fund Controller must have the ability to interpret complex fund structures and the communication/presentation skills to face off with senior stakeholders and investors.
- Review the preparation and analysis of financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, budgets and cash flow projections
- Work closely with the investment team on appraisals, fair value adjustments for equity allocations, co-investment, joint venture and fund level distribution waterfalls
- Handle all internal fund performance monitoring and external fund performance presentation
- Preparation, review and presentation of internal financial reporting and analysis
- Manage external audit requirements and ensure all fund-structure tax compliance needs are met
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements including leading the migration of new IT systems
The Fund Controller will hold a CPA designation (or international equivalent) plus 7+ years of post-qualification experience in the investment management sector (although this does not preclude someone with more experience from applying to the role). You will have a ‘Big 4’ practice training background and extensive supervisory and managerial experience. Strong understanding of valuation methodologies and investment entity accounting under IFRS, ASPE and US GAAP is required. The Fund Controller must have strong technical IT knowledge including advanced skills in MS Excel.
This is a challenging and high performing working environment that will require this candidate to be results focused, an emotionally intelligent leader and a collaborative thinker able to build relationships across the front, middle and back office.
About the company:
Our client is a leading asset management firm established over 25 years ago with over $3 billion AUM. They are located in downtown Toronto and rapidly expanding their business ventures across North America.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.