Manager - Real Estate Equity Fund Accounting
Salary $100000 - $130000 per year + Bonus
Location Los Angeles
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 4, 2017
My Client, a top tier Investment Management firm based out of LA, is looking to hire a Manager in their Real Estate Fund accounting team. They are looking for someone with a strong understanding of accounting principles with prior fund accounting experience as well as excellent Verbal and Written communication skills.
The company is known for hiring the best talent in the industry so you will be working with like minded individuals to help to ensure that the firm is able to meet its ambitious growth plans.
This role will be at the Assistant controller level and will be responsible for the day to day oversight of multiple funds. You will also manager an external fund administrative team. Fund structures include commingled equity and debt closed-ended funds, joint ventures and separate accounts.
Primary Function & Essential Responsibilities
- Assist in managing relationships and liaise with internal resources, offshoring resources, external fund administrator(s), and external auditors to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines
- • Participate in any new fund launches, including coordination with various internal/ external parties, review of draft legal documentation for reporting requirements/fee structures/etc and managing resourcing
- Train and/or share technical concepts and other professional development with team
- Participate and contribute to regular review of overall processes and deliverables to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy
- Oversee and review monthly/quarterly/annual NAV reconciliations with fund administrator
- Review monthly/quarterly/annual reporting to limited partners and/or portfolio managers • Review debt compliance reporting
- Review of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures for multiple funds as well as capital account summaries for limited partners • Review calculation of management fees and performance fees.
- Review/prepare complex waterfall calculations.
- Review cash flow projections and daily cash management, including any LP capital activity (ie: capital calls/subscription and distribution/withdrawal calculations)
- Responsibility for ad-hoc limited partner, analyst and front-office requests
- Review information provided to Tax team for quarterly tax estimates and annual tax returns
- Review wire preparation and A/P payments prior to release
- Various special projects/reports for both internal and external use
Background and core skills
- Minimum of 6 plus years of relevant professional experience including public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and/or fund accounting experience
- Real estate G/L system knowledge a plus
- Advanced excel experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated, team player and strong work ethic.
- Ability to assist in managing several third party relationships.
- Strong understanding of business and accounting principles (US GAAP), including consolidation reporting/elimination entries.
- Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to analyze and summarize complex information both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent Excel skills (to build models, templates, building macros/pivot tables).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize/manage deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Able and open to occasional travel.