Salary $100000 - $150000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted May 24, 2017
My client, a large international banking group with an office in New York is looking to hire a finance and accounting professional in a Financial Controller role. The position will support senior management with the accounting and reporting activities and some offshore branches of the group, including accurate and timely financial information, ensuring the completion of various monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting requirements.
As well as month end requirements, reconciliations, trial balances and registers etc there will be exposure to regulatory reporting requirements of the business and the local subsidiary.
A number of the production activities for the position will be performed in a centralized manner off shore in accordance with the Finance operating Model. This means the on shore Financial Control team will be reviewing outputs, providing guidance to the offshore team and investigating any unsual findings.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Support completion and accuracy of the monthly close process including, balance sheet rec’s and finalization of actuals
- Ensure accuracy of compliance with the businesses accounting principles and processes
- Ensure Finance stakeholders and other members of the Finance Communities of Practices (FP&A, PC) are adequately informed of issues on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship across both onshore and offshore accounting teams
- Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders as well as other teams to ensure fluid exchange of information required to support accounting services
- Full ownership of activities executed by the Hub. High quality desktop procedure documentation ensuring work done meets the re-performance standard.
- Support accuracy of Financial Control outputs by adhering to compliance and control disciplines
- Contribute to end to end process improvement
- Demonstrate a good example for other members of the team in accordance with the firms expectations and policies
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory standards
- Strong academic background with a minimum of a bachelors degree in accounting, finance or similarly quantitative subject
- CPA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Experience with statutory and regulatory accounting within a banking environment
- Sound analytical skills. Ability to understand, interpret and articulate business operating principles, key drivers of business value, and operating levers.
- PeopleSoft general ledger and Hyperion Financial Management experience an advantage.
- Experience working with off-shore sites preferable
- Proven track record of identifying process improvements and implementing those improvements