VP - Investment Accounting
Salary $95000 - $125000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted June 6, 2017
My Client, a global and prestigious Investment Management firm is looking for a VP - Investment Accounting to join their Global Accounting and Performance team. The role is based in Wilmington, DE.
This is a senior position within the team and offers the opportunity for someone with a successful track record in Investment Accounting to build their career within a firm committed to the progression and development of its staff. This position will support Insurance clients with financial accounting services.
There are currently a number of ongoing process improvement projects, including an upgrade of the accounting and operational platform, which this application will take an active involvement in.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Respond to daily requests for information from assigned clients
- Prepare, review, and/or ensure distribution of various accounting packages and reporting schedules to clients according to specified timeframes
- Ensure data reviews and checks are performed to validate accuracy and completeness of data used in reporting
- Ensure adequate controls, procedures and processes are in place and are followed by staff members during the completion of their work
- Assist in special projects/requests as assigned by department manager
Required background and skill set
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or similar subject
- 5+ years related work experience
- Some knowledge of insurance related reporting preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Strong initiative to follow up on outstanding issues – identify what needs to be done and take action
- Ability to identify and implement business process improvement discipline
- Strong and effective communication skills to deal directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines