Director of Accounting
Consultant Catherine Yapp
Date posted June 12, 2017
A market leading customer focused technology business is looking to expand the New York team and hire an Assistant Controller to support the business through an exciting period of growth! The Assistant Controller will work closely with the CFO and wider leadership team to drive forward expansion plans and also manage the day to day running of the finance function.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Support senior leadership with projects such as new systems integration's, implementing new control processes and the adoption of new accounting standards.
- Analyze financial statements and report on variances.
- Cash flow analysis.
- Overseeing the month end financial close process.
- Annual preparation of US GAAP consolidated financial statements.
- Managing the annual audit process.
- Manage day to day treasury services.
- Oversee the payroll function.
- Reviewing and make necessary improvements to processes such as cost accounting.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- CPA preferred.
- Extensive corporate accounting experience with 3+ years in a supervisory/management role.
- Strong technical understanding and US GAAP experience.
- SAP experience is advantageous.
- Ability to present financial data concisely and effectively to non finance stakeholders.