Location New York
Consultant Catherine Yapp
Date posted June 15, 2017
A fast growing global e-commerce organization is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the expanding New York team. This role will lead a team and bring innovation to the accounting function to ensure the successful ongoing growth of the business.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Establishing effective and effective controls processes in relation to the systems and to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Ensuring accounting procedures conform to GAAP.
- Overseeing the annual external audit process and performing a detailed review of the audited financial statements.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of financial controls and best practices.
- Developing new policies and procedures and implementing any necessary changes due to new legislation, regulation or accounting requirements.
- Identifying necessary process improvements and work to develop through automation and simplification.
- Managing annual CapEx budget.
- Managing the day to day operations of the Accounting team.
In order to be successful in this role you must have:
- US CPA Qualification
- Bachelors degree in Business and/or Accounting
- Management experience
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Solid US GAAP experience
- ERP experience