VP Finance - Finance and Accounting
Salary $100000 - $135000 per year + Bonus
Location New York
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted June 19, 2017
My client looking to hire a finance manager in their New York office. The company are a leading global Real Estate development, Investment and Capital Management firm. Their main presence currently is across Asia and Europe. They are currently growing their operations in North America, particularly the US and are in the process of ensuring they hire the right caliber of personnel for the business to facilitate their continued growth and success in the US.
This person will be the lead finance person for the US and will be the main point of contact for external queries, internal queries and auditors. The position will initially be based in New York and will support the rapidly expanding business and asset portfolio based across the USA.
The role will have the responsibility of leading a small team in financial accounting and management reporting for a portfolio of entities.
- Ensure timely month-end closing, inter-company reconciliation, and preparation of monthly management reporting, monthly bank reconciliation and quarterly audit schedules as well as managing the daily financial operations.
- Some closing of accounts will involve reviewing of the accounts prepared by the property managers/operators/outsourced agents before completing the entity level closing.
- You will also ensure timely preparation of full set of financial statements for audit of the portfolio of entities under your purview, overseeing the audit process, and ensure timely submission to the relevant statutory bodies;
- handling of all tax matters (such as VAT and corporate tax) including preparation of tax computation or working closely with the tax consultant on tax computation, and attending to tax queries from the tax consultant or tax authority
- budgeting & forecasting for the portfolio of entities under your purview.
As well as the above, you will be responsible for internal controls, compliance roles in respect to delegation of authority, procurement policy and other internal policies and SOPs.
Prior background and key skills
- Strong academic background with a minimum of an undergraduate degree in
- 5 years managerial experience in a finance and accounting capacity
- Hands on operational finance experience, good knowledge of local accounting standards, US GAAP knowledge and some IFRS knowledge.
- Good understanding of MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Good communication skills, as this person will be in regular and ongoing contact with the HQ Finance team, inter-department, external consultants, auditors and property managers.