Location San Francisco
Consultant Stephanie Pal
Date posted July 18, 2017
We are working along side an innovative produce company that is searching for a Controller.
In this leading role/position you will be responsible for establishing and leading the accounting function of this high-growth company. You will be directly reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and working with the accounting and and management team.
- The prime candidate will be hands-on with the company's financial management, including closing the books, and will mature with the entire accounting team as the business grows.
- You will lead the accounting, managerial, and book-closing functions.
- Your duties include the organization of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing processes; preparation of reports and financial statements; management of tax compliance and audit; and implementation of organizational policies, business controls, and operating procedures.
- Other main responsibilities include supporting activities of the management team, maintaining accounting records, and closing the books monthly.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates should have 3+ years of experience in accounting operations, including managing GAAP accounting. Should have practice building financial plans and managing budgets to plans.
- An effective team player in a collaborative environment
- Solid accounting skills: a proven track record of maintaining accounting records, closing the books and supporting in review processes
- CPA preferred with 2+ years of Controller experience
- Big 6 experience an advantage
- Undergrad degree from a top school
- Skilled with Bill.com, QuickBooks in a cloud environment, and Expensify
- Master with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word