Head of Internal Controls / SOx
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted June 26, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client, a foreign Global Investment Bank, is looking to hire a Senior Executive to head the US Sarbanes-Oxley / Internal Control Management program. This offers an excellent opportunity for an individual with prior SOx and Internal Controls experience and a Controls orientated mindset, to develop their career in a prestigious and growing organization that is committed to the development of its staff.
The position is a key leadership role that will allow the individual to develop their skillsets whilst contributing to the health of the organization in a key way.
Core responsibilities include
- Centrally manage US Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and internal control management program.
- Provide leadership and insight to US Finance executive management team and staff relating to leading internal control design and operational practices with the overall objective of effectively managing accounting and operational risk
- Drive an efficient SOX compliance and internal controls assurance program that meets all global / local SOX and internal requirements relating to the management of operational risk and internal controls across all of the US entities.
- Provide leadership and actively participate in Global Finance internal control initiatives and serve as the primary US conduit to the Global SOX / Internal Controls program
- Provide direction and proactive advice relating to process / internal control design on key transformation, change and other initiatives to ensure that the operational risk profile is managed effectively.
- Serve as the responsible executive for US Finance on internal control / operational risk management matters in critical global / local forums
- Work alongside other Global / US Control Officer teams, as needed, on critical cross-functional initiatives relating to the management of operational risk.
Key Background and Skills
- CPA/Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred
- A varied finance career across multiple financial disciplines with exposure to having worked in a dynamic global organization
- Track record of successfully managing teams and demonstrating leadership capabilities including translating / understanding strategy and implementing in to own team.
- Good understanding of prevailing accounting standard and legislative work
- Extensive experience of Sarbanes-Oxley and other internal controls from within banking or a consulting for banking environment
- Proven influencing skills to manage internal stakeholders
- Track record and demonstrable experience of actively implementing and impacting process improvements