Consultant Abigal Harris
Date posted September 23, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
Senior Analyst - Banking - Chicago
A Bank are currently looking to recruit a Senior Analyst, you will be responsible for providing liquidity and funding analysis to support the 2nd line of defense for liquidity funding risks across the US geography. This individual will need to develop a comprehensive understanding of the balance sheet and the embedded liquidity risks along with the relevant existing and pending regulatory expectations in these areas. Additionally, this individual will need to be aware of industry leading practice as it pertains to risk analysis in these areas and be able to leverage that knowledge as part of the 2nd line of defense mandate.
This role requires significant interaction and a close working relationship with Corporate Treasury, the Business Lines, and other groups in the Market Risk Department.
- Develop understanding of US Balance sheet and its inherent liquidity and funding risks and perform the 2nd line of defense capabilities in this space.
- Develop understanding of data flows and systems used to calculate liquidity measures and provide challenge as appropriate.
- Perform analysis of positions and risks to better understand the drivers of the
- Highlight key risks and provided informed challenge in all relevant forums including US ALCO.
- Assess appropriateness of the modeling assumptions used to model liquidity risk (deposit run-off, etc
- Desired but not required, knowledge and experience with liquidity risk issues, methodologies, and applicable regulations
- CFA or CPA candidate or designation
- Strong understanding of the banking industry, bank balance sheets and income statement dynamics.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong ability to address and resolve complex or abstract problems.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to distill key issues from extensive information.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work accurately in a very time sensitive environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
If this is a position you are interested in, can you please send an updated resume to email@example.com, or call me on 212 704 9900 for a confidential discussion.