Associate, Structured Credit
Consultant Max Zheng
Date posted March 13, 20192019-03-13 2019-05-05 financial-services permanent US New York New York midtown 10167 USD 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
My client, a leading asset manager with over $100 billion AUM is looking for 2 candidates to join their strategy team that invest in CLO debt and equity. The company offers internal mobility, career growth and the ideal candidate is an experienced CLO investor who is accustomed to a dynamic team environment and a rigorous analytical approach.
- Evaluate new, potential CLO investments (including debt and equity tranches) which includes:
o assessment of the structure and legal documentation
o assessment of the collateral portfolio
o assessment of the CLO manager
o apply various qualitative and quantitative methods, including data analysis and scenario analysis, to assess the relative risk and relative value of potential investments
o prepare and present an investment recommendation that is clear, concise and articulates the investment thesis and relevant risks, and that demonstrates excellent investment judgment
• Using various qualitative and quantitative methods, monitor an assigned portfolio of existing investments to assess performance and to identify developing risks or trends
• Periodically and regularly meet with CLO managers to discuss individual credits, trading activity, credit risk, performance and potential new business. Share assessment and findings with Team members.
• Work closely and collaborate with client credit research professionals to assess specific credit risks
• Participate in various client meetings, including prospective clients, and represent client and the Team with professionalism
• Contribute to various Team projects to further strengthen or enhance our investment process
Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate an ability to articulate a clear, concise analysis of CLO investment risk and relative value.
Sharp analytical skills that demonstrate fluency and sophistication with CLOs and associated risks
Professional appearance and demeanor
Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment (open, trading-desk setting)
Evidence of intellectual curiosity, creative problem-solving skills, and adaptability
Desire to learn new skills and technology that are particular to the Team’s investment platform
Junior analyst role: One to three years of direct experience with CLOs. The ideal candidate will have investment (i.e. buy-side) experience in CLO debt tranches.
Senior analyst role: At least three years of direct experience with CLOs. The ideal candidate will have investment (i.e. buy-side) experience in both CLO debt and equity tranches.