Global Corporate Controller - AM
Salary $200000 - $250000 per year + c80% bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted December 1, 2016
My Client, a large global Financial Services Group, is looking form a corporate controller of their Asset Management Division. This is a senior global finance position within the firm and requires a candidate with a track record of high performance in a similar role and industry. The firm has over $1trillion in assets and requires someone that has experience working with similarly large balance sheets.
As well as a core finance role, this will also require the successful applicant to effectively act as a business partner. The role will involving developing and maintaining ongoing relationships across all of the different business lines. You will be expected to work with Business leadership to identify areas for improvement and proactively work towards these improvements. You will be responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance and building relationships across North America and other global locations.
The role offers the opportunity to take a senior finance positon with a prestigious organization and will offer career growth as the firm and this function continues to grow.
Manage global accounting activities, to include monthly/quarterly accounting close activities, account maintenance and reconciliations, financial reporting and variance analysis
- Implement, and ensure compliance with, GAAP accounting rules that affect the business’ accounting globally
- Partner with Finance and Business leadership to ensure accuracy of financial results and that all internal controls are appropriately designed and executed; financial reporting is standardized and effective; and consistent and collaborative communications
- Engage with global leadership in all key business and change initiatives, focusing on accounting related activities and internal controls to mitigate risk; as well as supporting new products and services initiatives.
- Partner with business leadership on Resolution & Recovery Planning (RRP)
- Partner with Finance leadership on new product launches and strategic growth & infrastructure initiatives
Background and key skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with CPA and/or MBA designation preferred
- 15+ years’ accounting experience in financial services industry and overall understanding of financial products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills coupled with a strong track record of executing against goals
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Superior leadership and management skills supported by a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team environment
- Asset Management experience preferred
- Experience with non-U.S. legal entity financial reporting & accounting
- Knowledgeable of Regulatory & Volcker issues impacting the Asset Management industry