Head of Accounting
Location New Jersey
Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted March 30, 2017
A leading pharmaceutical firm looking to hire a Head of Accounting to take a lead role in the companies external reporting function. Ideal role for a Manager/Senior Manager from the Big 4 looking to take their first step out of public accounting.
A leading pharmaceutical firm that have a proven product and are leaders within their space. Listed on the NYSE with their share price going from strength to strength this is a great time to join the firm. This role is paying up to $400,000 to $450,000 total compensation with the potential of upside.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Work with internal stakeholders at all levels as well as external stakeholders within the greater business including but not limited to auditors and the legal department.
- Lead all technical accounting research as needed
- Be a subject matter expert in SOX compliance and implement a program that improves internal controls, documentation and all policies and procedures.
- Preparation of SEC filings including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K
- Responsible for equity accounting in accordance with ASC 718 and related financial statement disclosures.
- Manage the day-to-day equity administration and transactions, including stock option exercises/RSA releases and related tax reporting.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of tax accounting and compliance in conjunction with tax advisors.
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and must be a CPA
- 10+ years relevant experience in a public company or mix of public company and “Big 4” public accounting.
- Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for publicly traded companies.
- Thorough understanding of SOX and demonstrated ability to implement and maintain financial controls and accounting policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in equity compensation and administration.
- Strong technical accounting skills with the ability to determine appropriate accounting treatment as applicable.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven track record of working and communicating effectively cross-functionally.