Plant Manager - Flexible Packaging
Salary $120000 - $170000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Nick Louca
Date posted April 7, 2017
A newly created Plant Manager - Flexible Packaging role has arisen within one of the world's leading manufacturing firms based in Georgia, currently experiencing tremendous growth on an international scale. Working very closely with the CEO, this position offers career progression and growth opportunities. Furthermore, a full relocation package is on offer for candidates who are not based locally.
About the Plant Manager - Flexible Packaging role:
In this business critical Plant Manager - Flexible Packaging position you will be responsible for providing positive leadership for the plant by translating corporate, company, and division strategies into local strategies and tactical plans, then providing effective management of those local strategies and tactics to optimize human and financial assets.
- Lead the development of strategies and tactical plans for the facility to achieve company, division, and unit objectives. Planning exercise encompasses all areas including safety, quality, and productivity, both for the Plant as well as a team member for the Americas Manufacturing Team.
- Manage the development, analysis, and submission of the Plant Capital Budget and objectives, and once approved, manage the installation of major capital projects.
- Direct the day to day operation of the plant with overall responsibility for organizational effectiveness, production cost, product quality, employee safety, and environmental compliance.
- Establish, direct, and implement human resource strategies for the plant to include compensation work schedules, job classifications and training for factory hourly employees.
- Represent the organization in the community by maintaining community relations with local and state government, civic groups, and the public.
- Represent plant and company to key customers who request or require on-site visits for strategic alignment and/or quality audits.
- Lead the career development efforts for exempt personnel including the establishment of individual training and development programs and succession planning for key positions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 years + flexible packaging experience required
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing business drivers/metrics
- Technical knowledge
- Leadership ability
- - Ability to set and achieve high standards for self and others
- - Can operate independently, is motivated, and takes initiative
- Interpersonal/Coaching skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical/Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility/Openness to change and diversity
- Ownership thinking
- Decision-making skills
- Knowledge in the use of a computer and the software applications relevant to this position