Consultant Neil Wittensleger
Date posted May 30, 2017
An exciting time to join a business that is about to go through a major commerical business transformation. Currently seeking a Finance Director to join the business and head up the manufacturing side of the business.
A global firm operating in over 100 countries with over 4,000 employees. With a strong executive leadership team this is a company that truly are market leaders in their industry.
You will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Partner with global and regional teams to work and assist on strategic functional initiatives such as opertaional and financial processes and liasing with strategic partners.
- Leads and develops a high performing team of 5 direct reports. Which includes, coaching, training, motivating and leading from the front.
- Be the lead in all monthly close processes, quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting activities to esure company targets are being met including manufacturing variances, inventory, producivity, capital and headcount targets.
- Be an integral part of the plant management team by providing strong leadership, effective communication and proactive use of data to guide senior management to achieve their goals
- Ensures that product costs are accurate and properly accounted for and that bills of materials and costing accurately reflect production operations
- Ensure that all financial contrls are enforced and adhered to as well as ensuring the accuracy of production reporting, conformance with cycle cost procedures and validty and accuracy of inventory adjustments are made.
- Provides financial leadership for plant initiatives which include; new product introductions or other growth initiatives, productivity projects, make vs. buy analysis and capital investment decisions.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting an MBA is desirable but not essential
- 10 years’ experience is required.
- Eexperience working in a manufacturing or plant environment.
- Must have Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be committed to the timeline-driven process associated with reporting deadline, quarterly forecasts, and other ad hoc projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including high level of proficiency using Excel is required.
- Must be an analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- 10% travel domestic travel is required.