VP of Finance
Salary $140000 - $160000 per year + Bonus
Consultant Christopher Stringer
Date posted October 18, 20187 Times Square New York NY 10036 Robert Walters United States of America
My client is a large international organization that operates with financial services professionals around the world specifically in Risk Management. They are a nonprofit organization and are continuing to grow at a quick rate. As they continue to grow they are looking to hire a VP of finance that will allow the to continue facilitating this growth and planned future growth. The position is a senior one within the firm and reports directly to the CEO.
The business provides networking, professional development and education opportunities to its members in more than 60 countries.
This position is the VP of Finance role, looing to hire an individual that will be overseeing an operating budget of more than $17million. This person will manage all tactical matters as they relate to finance and accounting, budget management, financial planning, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting and cash management and will work effectively with the CEO to ensure the organization’s ongoing financial stability and nurture the organization’s culture and values. The role will require someone with prior experience with 501C3 and 501C6. Someone with experience having spent some time operating in a treasurer capacity would definitely be of interest too. The role will over see a number of separate entities for the parent organization too.
- Finance and Accounting:
- Develop and implement financial management strategies and policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and provide robust and reliable financial operations
- Maintain the integrity of the organization’s accounting system and subsequent ledgers. Participate in, and provide oversight of, the preparation of monthly general ledger journal entries, bank reconciliations, and general ledger account analysis
- Lead Accounting/Finance operations to ensure efficient, cost-effective accounting operations with strong internal controls
- Optimize the organization’s cash flow management.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes a minimum cash threshold
- Management of 6 Direct Reports including the controller
- Lead and support the annual budget/review/forecasting processes partnering with senior management, the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors
- Produce timely monthly financial reporting and analysis, variance reporting, leading periodic re-forecasts of full-year projections and development of remediation plans when necessary.
- Recommend broader enhancements to the budget process
- Global Growth
- Develop and execute global financial business models.
- Ensure international tax requirements are met (Canada, Australia, Latin America, China, India, and Singapore).
- Develop reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the organization
- Solidify the financial process for invoicing in foreign currencies
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of property and manage facilities support, mail and print operations and other services that accommodate staff.
- Advise Treasurers
- Advise Treasurers on activities such as custodianship of funds, securities and assets of their organizations. Create and distribute, quarterly reports on the chapter pooled investment account
Background and Skills
- 10+ years of experience in a finance and accounting role with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial role
- Strong prior knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management, specifically 501C3s and 501C6s
- CPA Qualified
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/business administration or related subject required
- Experience with Great Plains and/or Concur as well as other accounting CRM systems preferred
- Strong communication skills including presentation skills
- Track record of successful stakeholder management
- Proven experience of being able to lead a team
- Ability to identify and drive change for improvement